- This event has passed.
Psychometric Educational Testing Workshop
June 28, 2019 @ 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
$497 + HST
This workshop covers scientifically validated assessments that:
- Determine Reading, Writing, Math, and Oral Language Skill Levels
- Uncover Details About an Individual’s Emotional, Physical, Cognitive Symptoms of Anxiety
- Identify Early Depressive Symptoms, and much more
These psychometric assessments are a great way to get to know your new clients, get unbiased insights into your existing clients, and scientifically measure everyone’s treatment effectiveness by periodically re-administering the tests.
You can rest assured that the results of your assessments are reliable as the tests covered in this workshop were developed by the world’s top psychological assessment publishers: Pearson, Multi Health Systems, and PAR.
This workshop will be held on Friday, June 28, 2019 from 9:00am to 4:30pm in the Training Room at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801. Toronto, ON, M5E 1W7.
It will be hosted by Dr. Chris Lepage (Neuropsychologists), and myself, Christina Yuhanova, Chief Psychometrist & Founder of Psychology Group, with over 20 years of combined experience in psychological and neuropsychological testing.
Only one assessment in this workshop requires a licensed Psychologist’s supervision (easy to do, we’ll show you how) since this test is designed to diagnose, measure IQ, impact of brain injuries, neurological/medical conditions, etc. You can still administer these tests on your own, however, the results would be interpreted by the Psychologist. Working with a Psychologist is a great way to add a new revenue stream for your practice.
There will be a light breakfast provided with pastries, bagels, and coffee as well as pizza and salad lunch.
There are still spots left, but don’t wait too long!
- Understand Educational Assessment process
- Know specific battery of tests you need to administer and assess:
- Child’s intellectual ability and five cognitive domains that impact performance
- Assess giftedness and the impact of brain injuries
- Cognitive processing strengths and weaknesses
- Academic Achievement & Learning Styles
- Strengths and weaknesses that identify learning disabilities
- Depression and Anxiety
- Know how to administer and score these tests (hands-on practice)
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients
- Write behavioural observations that are meaningful
- Know how to test physically impaired children
- Write comprehensive educational reports
Other Workshop Benefits
- 6 Continuing Education Credits from the Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists (OACCPP)
- Certificate upon completion of the workshop
+1 (855) 331-8431