Detect Learning, Executive, and Emotional/Behavioural Problems in Children and Adolescents$295
This hands-on practical workshop will prepare you to use specific psycho-educational tests to assess learning, executive, and emotional/behavioural problems in children and adolescents. Learn how you can help children and adolescents thrive in their home and school environments and reach their full potential!
Clinical and Counselling psychologists, Dr. Jason Ramsay and Dr. Kenneth Colosimo (Supervised Practice) will teach Level B psycho-educational tests that you can use in your practice immediately without psychologist’s supervision.
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Understand psycho-educational Level B tests used for children and adolescents, their suitability and applicability
- Effectively measure behaviour using multiple perspective approach; from self to parent and teacher analysis
- Directly assess the effects of processing problems on examination performance
- Predict academic success by screening for reading problems and measure progress of educational intervention
- Measure basic academic skills necessary for effective communication, thinking and learning
- Determine learning ability or learning disability
- Assess impairment in executive function in school and home environments
- Practice administering and scoring psycho-educational tests (with another attendee/partner)
Who should attend
Psychotherapists, counsellors, consultants, general educational teachers, assistant teachers, social workers and other professionals working with children and adolescents.
Instructors: Kenneth Colosimo, Ph.D., C.Psych. (Supervised Practice) & Christina Yuhanova
- February 23
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Psychology Group
- +1 (855) 331-8431