Neuropsychological Testing Workshop$899
The two-day “Neuropsychological Testing” in-class workshop will prepare you to conduct neuropsychological assessment in a clinical setting under supervision of a psychologist. Learn how to examine the cognitive consequences of brain damage, brain disease, and severe mental illness.
During this two days hands-on workshop, you will learn and practice to administer, score and interpret frequently used neuropsychological tests that measure specific cognitive functions such as attention, executive functioning, problem solving, memory, language, I.Q., visual-spatial skills, academic skills, and social-emotional functioning.
- Overview of neuropsychological tests used for adult and geriatric population, their suitability and applicability
- Selecting appropriate neuropsychological tests that assess extent of brain injury or illness
- Establishing rapport with patients
- Understanding patient’s behaviour during testing and what clinical observations need to be noted
- Practicing administering neuropsychological tests (with another attendee/partner)
- Learning how to score neuropsychological tests, manually and using scoring software
- Understanding how to interpret test results
- Knowing how to accurately write neuropsychological reports
Who should attend
This workshop is designed for undergraduate and graduate students in Psychology or related field. Mental Health Professionals: Psychotherapists, Counsellors, Psychologists, Psychometrists, and Social Workers.
Instructors: Jason Ramsay, Ph.D., C.Psych., and Kenneth Colosimo, Ph.D., C.Psych. (Supervised Practice)
Don’t miss out on this in-depth fundamental in-class training workshop on Neuropsychological Testing!
- January 26, 2019
- January 27, 2019
- Psychology Group
- +1 (855) 331-8431