Psycho-Educational Testing Workshop: Test Adolescents & Adults Ages 16-90$499
Psycho-educational testing is administered when an individual is experiencing learning or behavioural challenges. The tests are also administered if the individual shows exceptional academic abilities and has the potential to be placed in a specialized program. The tests can identify learning disabilities, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, mental health concerns, level of academic achievement, and giftedness.
Psycho-educational testing allows for better informed decisions regarding eligibility for educational services, educational placement, recommendations for improving academic performance and development of Individual Learning Plans (ILPs).
In this Psycho-Educational Testing workshop, you will learn how to administer and score the most frequently used psycho-educational tests.
- Overview of psycho-educational tests used for adolescents and adults, their suitability and applicability
- Establishing rapport with patients and testing physically impaired individuals
- Learn how to correctly administer psycho-educational tests that assess thinking/reasoning abilities and underlying psychological processes (e.g., memory, attention, processing, executive functioning), and academic achievement (e.g., reading, writing, math, oral language)
- Practice administering psycho-educational tests (with another attendee)
- Learn how to score psycho-educational tests
- Know how to accurately write comprehensive psycho-educational reports
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for anyone looking to learn how to administer and score psycho-educational assessments:
- Mental health professionals such as psychotherapists, counsellors, psychologists, and psychometrists
- Undergraduate and graduate students in Psychology or a related field (Sociology, Education, etc.)
- 7 Continuing Education Credits from the Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists (OACCPP)
- Certificate upon completion of the workshop
- Some tests may require supervision from a psychologist to interpret the test results or to provide diagnosis
This is a hands-on workshop and spots are limited, register today!
Have questions? See our frequently asked questions here or send us an email to email@example.com
- May 10
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Psychology Group
- +1 (855) 331-8431