Psycho-Educational Assessment Workshop: Test Children Ages 5-16$497
Psycho-educational assessment is frequently requested by parents, school counsellors and teachers when a child is experiencing learning or behavioural challenges. The assessment is also requested if the child shows exceptional academic abilities and has the potential to be placed in a specialized program. The psycho-educational tests can identify learning disabilities, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, mental health concerns, level of academic achievement, and giftedness.
Psycho-educational assessment allows for better informed decisions regarding eligibility for educational services, educational placement, recommendations for improving academic performance and development of Individual Learning Plans (ILPs).
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to conduct psycho-educational assessment for children between 5 and 16 years of age; from cognitive testing to writing comprehensive psycho-educational reports.
- Understand Psycho-Educational Assessment process
- Know specific battery of tests you need to administer and assess: Learning Disability (LD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Memory Ability, I.Q., Giftedness, Academic Achievement & Learning Styles, Depression and Anxiety
- Know how to administer and score these tests (hands-on practice)
- Understand what the test results reveal about the child
- Establish and maintain rapport with children
- Write behavioural observations that are meaningful
- Know how to test physically impaired children
- Write comprehensive psycho-educational reports
Who Should Attend
This workshop is perfect for:
- Psychotherapists, Psychologists, Counsellor, Consultants looking to incorporate psycho-educational assessments within their practice
- Undergraduates or graduates of Psychology or related field (social science, education, etc.) that wish to work in the field of Psychology testing patients
- 7 Continuing Education Credits from the Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists (OACCPP)
- Certificate upon completion of the workshop
- Some tests may require supervision from a psychologist to interpret the test results or to provide diagnosis
This is a hands-on workshop and spots are limited, register today!
Have questions? See our frequently asked questions here or send us an email to email@example.com
- April 26
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Psychology Group
- +1 (855) 331-8431